Well, nothing can be excluded in football. The great 30-year old striker hasn’t had the best club form recently, but this may act as motivation for him to impress in Euro 2008. Once the most feared striker in the Premiership, Henry’s form has declined upon joining Barca. He scored an amazing 174 goals for Arsenal, but only 10 goals until today (the 10th May) for Barcelona. Henry has been injured several times this season and struggled to find goalscoring form, and to start regularly for Barcelona.
His side was destroyed 4-1 by La Liga winner Real Madrid recently, with the only Barca goal coming from the same Henry. Henry is made up of top-scorer material, but unless Domenech illuminates him to find his goalscoring form, he shouldn’t be an extremely dangerous threat to the opposition. Henry will have to beat world-class keepers Gianliugi Buffon (Juventus) and Edwin van der Sar (Man Utd). He failed to beat the latter when Barca met the Red Devils in the Champions League Semi-final. We must wait and see how Henry’s 2008 adventure will shape up.
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool