Spanish U-21 star Asier Illarramendi has become a point of interest for many clubs across Europe particularly Spanish Giants Real Madrid according to Goal.com.
Illarramendi is a youth product of Real Sociedad and since breaking into senior side in 2011 he was featured in 54 league games. He had a stellar 2012-13 season with Real Sociedad, climbing Valencia to reach Champions League spot. He was the most promising young player among many other Sociedad players.
Arguably Thiago was the star of the UEFA European U-21 championship but it was Illarramendi’s performance that caught the attention of new Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti who watched a Spain U-21 game. Ancelotti’s intention was to monitor Isco, Morata and Verratti.
Both Ancelotti and Zidane agree that he is a quality midfielder to replace Xabi Alonso who’s contract will expire next season and he seems reluctant to sign a new deal with los Blancos. Ancelotti is looking to strengthen his side and preferring him over Verratti. Being a Spanish Illarramendi will find the balance of life in Madrid and will feel at home sooner than Italian Verratti.
Coach Jagoba Arraste has insisted that Illarramendi is not for sale and will stay with the club next season. But it is believed that a lucrative deal worth 30 million euros would lure Basque outfit. If the deal is struck then he’ll join fellow U-21 stars Isco & Morata, but if not then sky is the limit for the future star of la Roja.
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool