Juventus needed a late Amauri header to beat Serie A hopefuls Lecce 2-1. Giovinco had opened the scoreline with a fine free-kick a la del piero to open his personal goal scoring account with Juventus this season. The Italian youngster had an excellent match yesterday and the free-kick made it more breath taking as many continue to see the new Del Piero being born. Cacia stunned Juve by drawing level on 80 minutes. This would have kept Juve 8 points off Serie A leaders Inter and with the big match against Milan next weekend it would not have been a good approach had Juve grabbed only one point from yesterday’s match.
Yet it was Amauri who again scored the decider with a header to which Benussi had no chance. Other Title rivals Milan beat Catania 1-0 to remain in joint-second placed with Juve.
I will not leave Juventus, Never
“We knew this was a difficult ground and we had to deal with several absences, but it was crucial to get a win,” the 21-year-old told Sky Italia after the match.
“We did it and I also managed to hit the back of the net, I finally got off the mark and I am very happy.”
“Fortunately, we have one like Del Piero to learn the tricks as fast as possible,” he mused.
“I am glad that I can play alongside such great champions and I want to thank all my teammates, the boss and the club, as they have showed great faith in me.
“Has my morale improved now? Of course, when you manage to bag a goal, everything becomes easier.”
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive