After a disappointing afternoon which saw Southampton secure a point in a dramatic circumstance at Stamford Bridge, many Chelsea supporters have chosen to cast the blame on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics and calling for an early replacement.
With both Timo Werner and Kai Havertz scoring their first goals in the Premier League, the Saints earned a share of the spoils after Jannik Vestergaard’s stoppage-time header ensured the visitors secured a well-deserved draw in the afternoon.
According to the Guardian, the dramatic turnaround left Chelsea to reflect on their defensive failings. However, the focus from many Chelsea fans on Twitter after the match has been on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics than any of the players’ performance.
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs
- Jose Mourinho has revealed the difference between this Tottenham team and his La Liga winning Real Madrid side
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United