After a disappointing afternoon which saw Southampton secure a point in a dramatic circumstance at Stamford Bridge, many Chelsea supporters have chosen to cast the blame on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics and calling for an early replacement.
With both Timo Werner and Kai Havertz scoring their first goals in the Premier League, the Saints earned a share of the spoils after Jannik Vestergaard’s stoppage-time header ensured the visitors secured a well-deserved draw in the afternoon.
According to the Guardian, the dramatic turnaround left Chelsea to reflect on their defensive failings. However, the focus from many Chelsea fans on Twitter after the match has been on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics than any of the players’ performance.
- Mr Consistency – Can Saints Skipper Ward-Prowse Push For A Euros Spot This Summer?
- Premier League preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa