After a disappointing afternoon which saw Southampton secure a point in a dramatic circumstance at Stamford Bridge, many Chelsea supporters have chosen to cast the blame on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics and calling for an early replacement.
With both Timo Werner and Kai Havertz scoring their first goals in the Premier League, the Saints earned a share of the spoils after Jannik Vestergaard’s stoppage-time header ensured the visitors secured a well-deserved draw in the afternoon.
According to the Guardian, the dramatic turnaround left Chelsea to reflect on their defensive failings. However, the focus from many Chelsea fans on Twitter after the match has been on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics than any of the players’ performance.
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager
- Arsenal gives injury update on £45 million summer signing