Whilst the majority of the Dagenham & Redbridge forum voted for Sam Saunders to be the Daggers player of the month, Chris Kamara and the panel decided that Solomon Taiwo had earnt the right to be crowned League 2 Player of the Month.
The award caps a remarkable rise for Taiwo who was on the verge on quitting the game around this time last season. Thinking he was never going to get a break in football, John Still snapped up the young central midfielder and gave him his chance in the JPT game against Leyton Orient. After impressing Taiwo signed for the club but two successive sending offs seemed to move him way down the pecking order. However with Glen Southam out of favour this season, Taiwo has taken his chance and firmly cemented his place within the Daggers starting XI.
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs
- Jose Mourinho has revealed the difference between this Tottenham team and his La Liga winning Real Madrid side
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United