Aston Villa confirmed on Friday that they have received an enquiry from Liverpool in regards to the possible transfer of Gareth Barry.
Early reports suggested a Â£10m offer had been placed by the Merseyside club but Martin O’Neill stated that the offer involved a player exchange.
Barry currently has 2 years left on his current Villa Park deal.
The timing of this approach is terrible from a Villa point of view with a crucial match against Wigan coming up.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton