Freddie Ljungberg spoke of his determination to be fit for the start of Euro 2008, he suffered a rib injury in West Ham’s 2-2 draw with Newcastle.
Newcastle defender Steven Taylor inadvertently stamped on Ljungberg’s chest, and the midfieler went off in the 21st minute with a suspected cracked rib.
Set to be sidelined for three to four weeks, Ljungberg was out for the rest of the Premier League season, but desperate to play a full part for his country in Austria and Switzerland this summer.
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches
- Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool – Three talking points from the Premier League clash