Freddie Ljungberg spoke of his determination to be fit for the start of Euro 2008, he suffered a rib injury in West Ham’s 2-2 draw with Newcastle.
Newcastle defender Steven Taylor inadvertently stamped on Ljungberg’s chest, and the midfieler went off in the 21st minute with a suspected cracked rib.
Set to be sidelined for three to four weeks, Ljungberg was out for the rest of the Premier League season, but desperate to play a full part for his country in Austria and Switzerland this summer.
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool