New signing Romelu Lukaku today announced he has not been guaranteed of his place in the starting line-up.The teenager scored an impressive header on his debut against Liverpool at the Hawthorns. However, the 19 year old striker has admitted he has to put up a fight for a starting place after leaving Chelsea for a year in search of some first team Premier League experience.
The Belgian striker said “There are no assurances, I just have to hard and work hard every day and do my best every day for the team. I know there is big competition in the team but I just have to cope with that because there is even bigger competition. There are quality players here and there are quality players at Chelsea too. For me as a young player, it’s good for my education of the game.”
Lukaku rejected loan offers from QPR and Fulham, Lukuaku revealed that ex-West Bromwich Albion manager Roberto Di Matteo convinced him to move to the Midlands based club. “He told me it was a warm club and that’s what I needed. Its good to be here among people who wan’t you to perform. That’s why I’ve settled really well into the club.”
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 2 of the Premier League
- 5 debutants who stood out on opening weekend
- Neymar cites racism as 3 PSG players sent off in defeat
- Three talking points as Liverpool overcome Leeds United in seven-goal thriller
- Three talking points as Arsenal start with a three-goal win