French Super-club Olympique Lyon, which have won the Ligue 1 title 7 times in a row until this year, have now added the Coupe de France to their trophy cabinet. The match was played yesterday night against Paris-Saint Germain at the Saint-Denis Stadium. The match went goalless for 90 minutes, but was decided in extra time.
Sidney Govou scored the winning goal in the 102nd minute, handing Lyon the trophy, to complete the domestic double for their first time ever. Interesting is the fact that Govou’s powerful shot was supplied by a cross from Karim Benzema. Both of the players will be playing for France in Euro 2008 this summer, and make France supporters hopeful that these two can combine together and drive France to success.
These is a video of the best moments of the Coupe de France Final. The goal is on 4:47 into the video:
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager