Manchester United and Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the signing of Raphael Varane.
According to Goal.com, the two clubs have agreed a £41 million transfer fee for the 28-year-old.
The defender is set to complete his move after undergoing a medical.
The Red Devils have already splashed £73m to bring in Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund and are now set to sign another top player this summer.
United will fork out an initial transfer fee of £34m plus £7m in add-ons.
Los Blancos will shell out a solidarity payment of £1m to Varane’s former club Lens.
The talented centre-back’s contract at the Santiago Bernabeu was due to expire in 2022, and he was reportedly unwilling to pen a new deal.
The Spanish giants decided to cash in rather than lose him for free next summer.
United have been scouring the market for a long-term partner for Harry Maguire, who has been a rock at the back since arriving from Leicester City in 2019.
Varane, who boasts plenty of La Liga and Champions League experience, looks to be the perfect partner for the England international.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide