Manchester United make a trip to London on Sunday to face Premier League new comers Queens Park Rangers. The red devils who travelled without a whooping eight first team squad members:
Tom Cleverly – Ankle Injury
Darren Fletcher – Bowel Illness
Anderson – Knee Injury
Javier Hernandez –Ankle Injury
Rafael Da Silva – Knock
Fabio Da Silva – Hamstring Injury
Michael Owen – Thigh Injury
Nemanja Vidic – Cruciate Ligament Injury
United travel knowing a win would take them top of the league table, a point clear of Manchester City who entertain Arsenal later in the day at the Etihad Stadium.
Loftus Road is not an easy place to go and Sir Alex Ferguson’s men would have to take precautions from QPR’s game against Chelsea. With the New Year drawing near, the Reds would not want to squander a chance to go top for the first time in a long time. Queens Park Rangers have never beaten Manchester United in the Premier League and with the Champions having the confidence of gaining top form in the second half of the season, mid December would not be a bad time to begin some time at the top!
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches
- Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool – Three talking points from the Premier League clash
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 2 of the Premier League