Karel Bruckner the manager of the Czech national team is said to be in talks with Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved about getting him back in to the team for the European Championships this summer. Nedved ended his international career after the 2006 World Cup in Germany, but pressure is growing for the 2003 European Footballer of the Year to make a comeback at Euro 2008.
Chelsea and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech told the Dnes newspaper: “Pavel is part of the team, he’s always made an important contribution to it. We’re in real need of a player with such experience and blessed with such skills. Nedved has 18 goals from 91 caps to in internationals for the Republic.
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool