Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has decided not to allow goalkeeper Ben Foster to go out on loan to a Championship side this season.
The young English keeper asked if he could drop down a level and sign on loan for the rest of the season, but Sir Alex has refused despite Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuzszack being fit. Foster was promised a loan move before he made his debut at Derby County. Ferguson has told him to wait for his chance. It seems that the goalkeeper who has not yet conceded a goal for the Man Utd first-team will have some part to play in the teamâ€™s bid to win the double. Maybe it is just a reassurance to the whole squad, if a shock injury hits one of the goalkeepers. Ferguson did not think it wise to let Foster move at this stage of the season as it could have an unsettling back-firing effect on the team.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton