If you’ve had a recent windfall, for example a Lottery win and can’t think what to spend it on, maybe a Football Club might be the way to go.
It’s only Non-League, but I like it blog 7: FOR SALE – One Blue Square Premier club to a good owner
An advert, advertised in last Sunday’s Non-League Paper was asking for sale or investment in a “Blue Square Premier team” with no other details other than a Gmail account address.
There are numerous suspects for the advert, one of the contenders could have been Nuneaton. Though they have distanced themselves from the advert, three quarters of the board seats now empty with Richard Dean, Kevin Harris James and Neil Hodgson leaving earlier this year,
Remaining Director Ian Neale could have been looking for help during a tough first season in the Blue Square; which sees his team currently just above the relegation zone.
Another club could be Ebbsfleet, they are also battling against relegation and their MyFC owners have admitted being unable to continue to fund the club, as the membership for them has plummeted through the floor.
Thirdly is Cambridge United, who are nestled mid table in the Blue Square Premier, but are losing their major shareholder Paul Barry in the Summer. If it is Cambridge though, they may be looking for investment rather than a full takeover.
Which ever club it is that is asking for help and edged it’s bets by trying to find a wealthy benefactor in a unique way, they may find that the gamble might just pay off .
- Manchester United eye Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe as alternatives in Erling Haaland pursuit
- How Man Utd broke Man City’s win streak with tactics, precision and individual brilliance
- Mr Consistency – Can Saints Skipper Ward-Prowse Push For A Euros Spot This Summer?
- Premier League preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham