Hearts yesterday confirmed the signing of Ugandan international David Obua, subject to a work permit and medical. The 22 time capped international was a free agent after his contract ran out at South African side Kaiser Chiefs, can play at either left-back or left midfield and knows manager Csaba Laszlo from the Hungarian’s time as Uganda boss.
Obua, who recently had a trial at West Ham United, will join the 24 players already picked for the pre-season tour of Germany, who flew out yesterday. He is 24 years of age and had spells playing in his homeland, the USA and Mauritius before he signed for Kaiser Chiefs.
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches