Hearts yesterday confirmed the signing of Ugandan international David Obua, subject to a work permit and medical. The 22 time capped international was a free agent after his contract ran out at South African side Kaiser Chiefs, can play at either left-back or left midfield and knows manager Csaba Laszlo from the Hungarian’s time as Uganda boss.
Obua, who recently had a trial at West Ham United, will join the 24 players already picked for the pre-season tour of Germany, who flew out yesterday. He is 24 years of age and had spells playing in his homeland, the USA and Mauritius before he signed for Kaiser Chiefs.
- Ryan Giggs warns ‘it could be 15, 20 years’ before Manchester United win their next Premier League title
- Confirmed West Ham team news to face Liverpool on Saturday
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs