Levein has gone and not before time. Two disastrous campaigns filled with mismanagement and more than peculiar decisions was enough to finally force the hand of the totally inept blazers at Hampden.
Despite the protestations of his players and Levein’s plea for more time it was the Tartan Army that had the final say and they had enough of another under performing national team boss.
His successor should be decided soon although this is in no way certain under the steward ship of the SFA.
Strachan is favourite with all and sundry but I would choose Scotland’s greatest ever player, Kenny Dalglish
Gordon Strachan – 7/4
Alex McLeish – 8/1
Walter Smith – 10/1
Joe Jordan – 10/1
Owen Coyle – 12/1
Kenny Dalglish – 20/1
Harry Redknapp – 20/1
One thing is for sure: something must be done about Scottish football’s regulatory body as, as an organisation the SFA has been responsible for the near destruction of out national game.
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs
- Jose Mourinho has revealed the difference between this Tottenham team and his La Liga winning Real Madrid side
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham