Â Nigerian international midfielder Seyi George Olofinjana has become the second signing of the summer for the Potters after signing a four year deal, subject to receiving a work permit, which seems a formality after playing in England for neighbour Wolves for four years. The fee for the 28 year-old is 3 million pounds, making theÂ six foot four inch giant the second most expensive signing ever for the club, behind fellow new-boy Dave Kitson.
Â Â Seyi played 147 times for Wolves since joining from Norweigan side SK Brann for 1.7 million in July 2004. Like Kitson, Olofinjana made his debut at the Britannia Stadium against Stoke in a 2-1 victory for the Potters on the opening day of the 2004/05 season.
Â Tony Pulis has today described Seyi as a “great acquisition for this football club”, a sentiment I hope will be proved right.
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches