Hearts kicked off their pre-season tour of Germany tonight with a comprehensive victory over a Rheingau Select side. Manager Csaba Laszlo made ten substitutions at half time and six different players managed to get themselves on the score sheet.
Juho Makela made his first appearance since he returned from his loan spell at HJK Helsinki where he scored in games before leaving as the club’s top goalscorer. It’s certainly good to see Makela make in instant impact, even if it is against poor opposition. He has a great scoring record for the few matches he has managed but most of these have come against lower league sides. Although he did manage one against Barcelona. It will be interesting to see if he does take his chance this year due to the lack of strikers at the club.
Also on target were Audrius Ksanavicius, Christophe Berra, Marius Zaliukas, Laryea Kingston and Michael Stewart. Lee Wallace was the only player to play the full ninety minutes due to new signing David Obua being injured in training.
Rheingau Select: Melzer, Schreiner, Reisler, Vogt, Morz, Bauer, Akrri, Much, Biershenk, Aktun, Sohns. Subs: Weisel, Newmenn, Klotz, Mealhisiegel, Dillmunn, Schromm, Brusser, Frienk.
Hearts: Banks (McDonald 45); Karapidis (Thomson 45), Zaliukas (Ivaskevicius 45), Berra (McGowan 45), Wallace; Ksanavicius (Mikoliunas 45), Palazuelos (Stewart 45), Kingston (Jonsson 45), Driver (Cesnauskis 45); Templeton (Makela 45), Glen (Mole45). Sub not used: Husband.
- Manchester United eye Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe as alternatives in Erling Haaland pursuit
- How Man Utd broke Man City’s win streak with tactics, precision and individual brilliance
- Mr Consistency – Can Saints Skipper Ward-Prowse Push For A Euros Spot This Summer?
- Premier League preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham