Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is of the opinion that winning isn’t everything during preseason training.
The 31-year old star, who missed England’s disappointing World Cup finals with an injury, announced on his Twitter account that “Fitness is the most important thing (during preseason).”
He went on to add “It’s better to win obviously, but getting the games in is what preseason is all about.”
Ferdinand has recently signed up to the social networking site gathering nearly 50,000 ‘followers’, dispelling rumours that Sir Alex Ferguson had banned Man Utd players from having accounts on such sites.
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager
- Arsenal gives injury update on £45 million summer signing