The nightmare must surely soon be over. Steve Kean’s sacking has to be imminent. But who should replace him?
Alan Shearer? Still a legend in the eyes of some but the feeling remains he’ll never really make a manager. Didn’t exactly pull up any trees in a short stint with Newcastle and his recent comments about giving Kean more time haven’t gone down well with the fans.
Mark Hughes? Did a great job last time around and first choice for many. Left a sour taste when he jumped ship when City came calling. Would he use Rovers as stepping stone a second time?
Rafa Benitez? Has a history of falling out with club owners. Venky’s and Benitez could be a match made in hell.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? United legend doing great things with Molde in Norway. Would probably jump at the chance of a move to the Premier League, but can Rovers risk another inexperienced appointment?
Graeme Souness? Maybe just what Rovers need right now. A big personality who’s not afraid to upset the applecart. His former captain Garry Flitcroft is currently doing well at non-league Chorley – an option as assistant with a view to taking over in the future?
Other names in the frame could be Steve Bruce, Walter Smith, Alan Curbishley, Dave Jones or Roy Keane.
As for Avram Grant. No.
- Michael Essien: Thomas Partey is ‘a very complete midfielder’ Arsenal have needed for a long time
- Ryan Giggs warns ‘it could be 15, 20 years’ before Manchester United win their next Premier League title
- Confirmed West Ham team news to face Liverpool on Saturday
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League