An knee injury suffered against local rivals Bolton Wanderers for Blackburn and All Whites captain Ryan Nelsen, could ruin his hopes of captaining the Kiwi’s at the upcoming World Cup Finals in South Africa.
Knee Injury Hurts Nelsen’s 2010 Hopes
In the Sunday lunchtime game, that Blackburn won 3-0 in blizzard conditions, Nelsen came off just before half-time following a clash with Bolton’s Ricardo Gardner.
After the game Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce told the club’s website:
“I’m hoping that he’s twisted his ankle and not his knee, but he was holding his knee which was the big problem for me and I think it’s his one where he’s had surgery before. It’ll be 48 hours before we can tell and we’ll keep our fingers crossed, not just for us but for him.”
The All Whites have their fingers crossed too, losing Nelsen for the World Cup would be a massive blow.
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager