Mikael Silvestre knows that he is very likely to be overlooked for this year’s edition of the European Championships, due to the injury that kept him out for most of the present season. He suffered a cruciate ligament injury at the beginning of the 2007/08 campaign and only returned for the Champions League Last 16 return match against Roma on the 9th April.
Silvestre has been playing very well since his return to football, but he understands that due to the vast quantity of French players capable of filling in at left-back, he will not be called for the Euro 2008 squad. Thuram, Gallas, Clichy, Abidal and Mexes can all play at left-back. Thus, Silvestre is looking forward to a summer of rest, after a season plagued by an injury, but which ended on a wonderful note by lifting the Premier League trophy.
“Unless there are a couple of injuries for France I don’t think I will be included.”
“He (Raymond Domenech) has Thuram, Gallas, Mexes, Abidal and Clichy so there is big competition! So I don’t mind having a rest to be honest. My aim is to focus on United for next season.” – Mikael Silvestre, Man Utd left-back
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool