Manchester United’s outstanding display against Fulham at the Craven Cottage –a place where they had not won any of their last three fixtures – on Wednesday night saw them maintain their two point gap with league leaders Manchester City with a five goal demolition. Sir Alex Ferguson was pleased with his side’s performance and said after the game:
“I think it was one of our best performances of the season, particularly in the first half when we played some superb football.
“It is not an easy place to come, we have known that for years now but tonight he players were on song and continued on from their good performance on Sunday against QPR.”He told Sky Sports
Sir Alex also emphasized the need for patience as they put pressure on their rivals, Manchester City in the title race.
“Yes they do help. We showed good patience before we got the first goal though.
“We kept the ball, passed it around and got the penetration so it was a good start to the game and we got control and kept it until half time
Although a 5-0 win away win against Fulham could have been all smiles, it wasn’t quite a happy night for the red devils as injuries to Phil Jones and Asheley Young added to their already long injury list.
Ferguson said of Jones’ injury “We’ll send him for an X-ray tomorrow. He had an elbow to his jaw. It was an elbow by Dempsey but I don’t think it was deliberate.”
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive