When all the players are fully fit I believe that this squad is good enough to achieve a mid-table finish in the Championship. Nigel Clough has a good mix of experience and youth to call upon, and within the squad there are some good leaders and some creative/skilful players.
Having looked at all areas of the team I believe that the best XI available to Nigel Clough is:
Bywater; Stoor, Barker, Addison, Moxey; Croft, Savage, Green, Davies; Commons, Hulse
At the moment the Rams are struggling in the league, however it must be pointed out that the squad has been stretched to the limit in recent months. At times there have been 11 fist team players in the treatment room, not many clubs would be able to cope with such a backlog so the panic button shouldn’t be pushed too early. Things probably won’t get better until after Christmas when Clough has a full squad to choose from, but I would expect to see an upturn in the team’s form in the new year.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton