In my first text I’ll have a brief introduction on my club, Sporting Clube de Portugal, known as Sporting Lisbon.
Having stayed in 2nd place in the last 4 years, and with a team based on players who came from the youth team, and always with the same coach, the objectives this year can be only the title. In a league where only 3 clubs play for the title – together with FC Porto and Benfica, Sporting Lisbon fans began to demand more and better. And the young coach, Paulo Bento, which also came from the youth team (former coach of the U19 team) starts to have little room to maneuver.
This year the club invested only in Matias Fernandez, a typical south-american offensive midfielder, which after 2 seasons at Villareal of Spain, that did not achieved the expected, attempt to relaunch his career in Europe, now in the Portuguese league.
From the regular team of last season, only Derlei, the brazilian forward aged 34, have lefted the Club, while the other exits were only reserve players.
In the next post I will do an analysis to the team and players. The squad is almost closed, and next week there will be a game against Twente, at home, for the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League.
Hope you like to read my texts. I also hope you understand that my English is not used very often. So if you see some spelling error, please let me know, so I can improve.
- Southgate hits back at Mourinho over England Captain Harry Kane
- Pep Guardiola hails ‘fantastic’ Raheem Sterling for scoring two goals against Burnley
- Fabrizio Romano: Borussia Dortmund reject latest bid from Manchester United for Jadon Sacho
- Key talking points from Liverpool’s Premier League win over Arsenal
- Opinion: West Brom 3-3 Chelsea | How Frank Lampard got it wrong from the start