In my first text I’ll have a brief introduction on my club, Sporting Clube de Portugal, known as Sporting Lisbon.
Having stayed in 2nd place in the last 4 years, and with a team based on players who came from the youth team, and always with the same coach, the objectives this year can be only the title. In a league where only 3 clubs play for the title – together with FC Porto and Benfica, Sporting Lisbon fans began to demand more and better. And the young coach, Paulo Bento, which also came from the youth team (former coach of the U19 team) starts to have little room to maneuver.
This year the club invested only in Matias Fernandez, a typical south-american offensive midfielder, which after 2 seasons at Villareal of Spain, that did not achieved the expected, attempt to relaunch his career in Europe, now in the Portuguese league.
From the regular team of last season, only Derlei, the brazilian forward aged 34, have lefted the Club, while the other exits were only reserve players.
In the next post I will do an analysis to the team and players. The squad is almost closed, and next week there will be a game against Twente, at home, for the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League.
Hope you like to read my texts. I also hope you understand that my English is not used very often. So if you see some spelling error, please let me know, so I can improve.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton