Hearts have released the squad that will fly out to Wiesbaden, Gemany tomorrow for the pre-season tour of Germany. The provisional squad was released today on the official Hearts website.
Hearts squad for trip to Germany: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Saulius Mikoliunas, Larry Kingston, Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, Juho Makela, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Matej Rapnik, Gary Glen, Jonathan Brown, Steven Husband.
Juho Makela has returned from his loan spell in Helsinki and will join the 24-man Hearts squad in Germany. McGowan, Templeton, Rapnik, Glen, Brown and Steven Husband are the five youth players who have been selected.
Noticeable absentees include Robbie Nielson, Mirsad Beslija and Bruno Aguiar, who have all struggled with injuries recently. Also missing for the trip to Germany is French goalkeeper, Anthony Basso, Scotland under-21 international Calum Elliot, who looks set to join Inverness on loan soon, and midfielder Fernando Screpis.
Young full-back Jason Thomson also misses out.
Hearts will kick off their first friendly match of the tour against a Rheingau Select on Wednesday 23rd July before taking on Kaiserslautern two days later. The tour will end on Tuesday 29th with a match against SV Wiesbaden.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton