Hearts have released the squad that will fly out to Wiesbaden, Gemany tomorrow for the pre-season tour of Germany. The provisional squad was released today on the official Hearts website.
Hearts squad for trip to Germany: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Saulius Mikoliunas, Larry Kingston, Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, Juho Makela, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Matej Rapnik, Gary Glen, Jonathan Brown, Steven Husband.
Juho Makela has returned from his loan spell in Helsinki and will join the 24-man Hearts squad in Germany. McGowan, Templeton, Rapnik, Glen, Brown and Steven Husband are the five youth players who have been selected.
Noticeable absentees include Robbie Nielson, Mirsad Beslija and Bruno Aguiar, who have all struggled with injuries recently. Also missing for the trip to Germany is French goalkeeper, Anthony Basso, Scotland under-21 international Calum Elliot, who looks set to join Inverness on loan soon, and midfielder Fernando Screpis.
Young full-back Jason Thomson also misses out.
Hearts will kick off their first friendly match of the tour against a Rheingau Select on Wednesday 23rd July before taking on Kaiserslautern two days later. The tour will end on Tuesday 29th with a match against SV Wiesbaden.
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager
- Arsenal gives injury update on £45 million summer signing