Warrior Footall who currently supply shirts for the Liverpool are set to celebrate Steven Gerrard’s upcoming testimonial match by providing fans with a one-off chance to bid for an exclusive history in aid of his charity, the Steven Gerrard Foundation. The online auction will boast 360 home shirts which will all feature the special SGF logo tom celebrate the captain’s 630 competitive matches for the club.
The 630 shirts will mark each game throughout Gerrard’s career including all domestic and European matches. The shirts will come with a description card outlining Gerrard’s involvement in each match and all 630 shirts will be signed by the Liverpool legend.
Steven Gerrard mentioned “I’m very grateful that Warrior will channel all proceeds from the auction directly to my Foundation, I want fans around the world to have the opportunity to share my history with Liverpool FC and this is certainly a great way to do so and give something back to the fans for their support over the years.”
Gerrard’s shirts representing his most memorable matches will be the most popular including his 2005 UEFA Champions League Final shirt. Established in 2011, the SGF helps young people in need through independently evaluated grants with assistance from its charitable partner the Consortium for Street Children. The testimonial match will be played at Anfield against Olympiacos on the 3rd of August 2013.
- Mr Consistency – Can Saints Skipper Ward-Prowse Push For A Euros Spot This Summer?
- Premier League preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa