Â Following a five day trial, featuring a reserve friendly match against Worcester City, John Oster will not be offered a contract at Stoke City.
Â The former Reading winger, who was released at the end of last season turned down a move to Championship promotion hopefuls Derby to go on trialÂ with the PottersÂ and must now be regretting that decision.
Â Although the Stoke squad is somewhat thin on the ground when it comes to wingers, Oster was not too attractive a prospectfor fans, largely due to his lack of pace and poor goalscoring record, and few will be disappointed at this news. More quality is still needed on the wing though but i am glad that the club will be looking elsewhere than Oster for it.
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager