On Thursday afternoon, the French national squad had a training session at the Chatel Saint-Denis, in front of around 4000 spectators. The traning session took place under a mild rain, but on the whole, the weather conditions permitted the squad to continue preparing for Austria/Switzerland 2008. The tournament kicks off on Saturday with the match between Switzerland and Czech Republic, but the first game of the French team is on Monday at 18:00 CET against Romania.
Patrick Vieira trained with his teammates on Thursday, so questions regarding his fitness and ability to make the Euro 2008 squad are starting to fade away. On the other hand, Henry and Ribery just jogged around, and were not part of the overall team training. One may guess that the potential Euro 2008 stars may be on a specialised training schedule. Here are some pictures from the session:
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive
- Would a trophy justify Tottenham’s poor style of play under Jose Mourinho?
- Twitter refuses to change ID policy as football’s racism battle continues: But should Social Media companies be doing more to stop it?