With ‘toto’ reaching the end of his career, in fact retiring at the end of the season, an Udinese, Serie A legend scoring more than 23 goals in Serie A for the last 4 years, it is shocking that the 36 year old is still undisguised. The magician age has shown this season with only 11 goals so far, but that should not hide form the fact that from 2009 to 2013 only Messi and Ronaldo have scored league more goals that him. Bagging more than 100 goals in four years to put to shame stars such as Falcao, Cavani, Ibrahimovic and Van Persie and more.
Despite earning his wage at a provincial club whose attacking phases come at less frequent intervals than some of the football’s bigger-name outfits, Di Natale has racked up a phenomenal 102 goals in the last four league seasons to leave some of football’s most talked-about front men in his shadow during his prime. What makes him such a great player was the age that this took place while he was 32 to 36, it shows how well he has kept his body and the maturity he has picked up over the years to always be in the right positions and score.
Where by only making needed runs meaning meaning energy is conserved and lessens the risk of a muscle injury. More over he has scored goals in a team like Udinese who are generally on the back foot, with limited chance emphasizing his clinical finishing in-front of goal for the Zebra’s. While some strikers like Suarez tend to score most of their goals against the smaller outfits, Antonio has been scoring against teams like Arsenal, Juventus, Milan and even hat-tricks vs Napoli. That sums it up.
- Report: Manchester United and Liverpool holding talks to join new European Premier League
- Champions League round-up: Manchester United defeat PSG, Lionel Messi sets new record as Barcelona hits five
- Mesut Ozil excluded from Arsenal’s 25-man Premier League squad
- ‘I’m so responsible’ – Pep Guardiola takes the blame for Manchester City’s European woes
- Frank Lampard turns to stats to defend his backline ahead of Champions League clash with Sevilla