Michal Listkiewicz the boss of the Polish Football Association (PZPN) has told reporters that the 23 man squad will share a jackpot of 3 million Euros if win the European Championships this summer. A huge amount seeing as the average monthly salary in Poland is just 700 euros. Poland are drawn in Group B of the tournament and face Germany in their opening game, then Austria and Croatia in the other group matches.
The final in on June 29th in Vienna, if they get far but lose, they will splitÂ 1.8 million euros, they will make money throughout the tournament based on performances with 400,000 euros for each group stage win and 200,000 euros per draw. Then a further 800,000 euros for a quarter-finals slot and 1.2 million euros for making it to the semifinals.
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager