Transfer of longtime member of French national team defender Lilian Thuram from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain came in question because of hart problems which were noticed during the routine medical examination.
“This is a complete surprise. After additional tests I will know if I could continue my football career or I will have to stop”, said shocked Thuram.
The coach of PSG Paul Le Guen expressed the hope that Thuram becomes part of his team. The final decision if he will retire or not Thuram will set out during the next month.
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League