36 year old French defender Lilian Thuram, currently playing for Spanish giants Barcelona could be returning to France after Euro 2008. Thuram’s contract expires this summer, and it is unlikely that they would want to renew it. Thuram is attracting the interest of Paris Saint-Germain, Coupe de France runners-up, who see him as a great addition to boost the team’s experience. Thuram had spells in Italy (Parma and Juve) and Spain, but at this stage of his career, it seems that he’d want to close down his playing career in his home country.
“We will have to wait and see where I go next season”
“I may end my career at the end of the Euros, you never know. But I want to carry on playing.”
“A return to France? Anything is still possible.” – Lilian Thuram
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive
- Would a trophy justify Tottenham’s poor style of play under Jose Mourinho?
- Twitter refuses to change ID policy as football’s racism battle continues: But should Social Media companies be doing more to stop it?