Chelsea fans appear to have stuck by Torres through-out his tough times with the club, but one wonders if his latest flurry of form is yet another false alarm.
If it does turn out to be another teaser to the Stamford Bridge faithful things could turn ugly for the Spaniard. Would the Chelsea fans stop supporting him? Would Di Matteo lose faith?
That said, Torres has shown his best form since his £50million move from Liverpool in 2011 with a run of goals stretched between the 2nd leg Semi Final match vs Barcelona in Chelsea’s incredible Champions league campaign ,up until the Community Shield against Man City.
If he does fail to produce the goals for Chelsea, the Blues would only have Sturridge to step up into the main striker void. I’m sure Di Matteo will be watching Torres closely in training and matches to see if he needs to sign up a new striker or if he can use Fernando.
- Opinion: West Brom 3-3 Chelsea | How Frank Lampard got it wrong from the start
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona