Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta.
The Londoners have secured the services of the goalkeeper on a season-long loan, with an option to buy for £13 million next summer inserted in the deal.
The 26-year-old has become Spurs’ first major signing under new manager Nuno Espirito Santo.
He was impressive for La Dea last season, helping them to finish third in Serie A.
The Italian made 25 league appearances for Atalanta, keeping 10 clean sheets.
Gollini started his senior career at Hellas Verona, making his league debut against Genoa in September 2014.
After spending two seasons at Verona, he joined Aston Villa in 2016 in a deal worth £4.1m.
However, he made just 20 appearances during his stay in the Midlands.
He subsequently signed for Atalanta in January 2017, initially on loan before making the move permanent.
Since his arrival in Bergamo, the keeper has clocked up 112 appearances across all competitions, earning 38 clean sheets,
He has now joined Tottenham Hotspur on a season-long loan and will challenge Hugo Lloris for the starting berth.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide