Â Last week I reported that Stoke were interested in signing an unknown player from Polish side Wisla Krakow after members of theÂ club’s hierarchy watching them play in a Champions League qualifying match in Barcelona.
Â It has emerged that the potential target is 29 year old winger Marek ZieÅ„czuk. ZieÅ„czuk has played his whole career in his native Poland, starting at Lechia Gdansk before moving on to Amica Wronki in 2000 and to current club Wisla Krakow four years ago. He has played more than 200 games in the Polish top flight, scoring 51 goals, 23 in 122 at Wronki and 28 in 93 at Krakow. He also has nine caps for Poland but has never scored for his country.
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool
- Former Chelsea striker appointed as new Burton Albion manager