Luis Cumbers, a first year professional at Gillingham, has signed for the Gills’ Kent rivals Ebbsfleet United on a one month loan deal.
The 20-year old striker moves to Stonebridge Road looking to gain more first-team experience a league below in the Blue Square Premier.
Cumbers has been a consistent scorer in the Gillingham Reserves with seven goals this season, and also bagged a first-team strike with the last goal in the Gillingham’s 4-0 home demolition of Rotherham United back in November.
Cumbers will join ‘The Fleet’ in time to play in Saturday’s FA Trophy semi-final first leg against fellow Blue Square Premier side Stevenage Borough. He will remain at Ebbsfleet until April 9th, with his last game being a league match against Kiddiminster Harriers.
- Manchester United eye Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe as alternatives in Erling Haaland pursuit
- How Man Utd broke Man City’s win streak with tactics, precision and individual brilliance
- Mr Consistency – Can Saints Skipper Ward-Prowse Push For A Euros Spot This Summer?
- Premier League preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham