Oceanic qualifiers New Zealand have revealed their new 2010 World Cup home shirt just over a month before the tournament is due to start.
The country’s passage to the tournament has become simpler in recent years after Australia’s defection to the Asian region. This ensures that New Zealand are the strongest team in Oceania and will most likely be in a Play Off against the 5th ranked Asian team to qualify in future. The team’s history is pretty unspectacular with three appearances at the Confederations Cup and one World Cup appearance in 1982. New Zealand finished bottom in all of these tournaments with only one point arriving in the 2009 Confederations Cup against Iraq. The team qualified for the 2010 World Cup after beating Bahrain 1-0 on aggregate in the two legged Play Off. They will face Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia in the group stage during June 2010.
The new 2010 New Zealand home shirt is predominately white with a thin black horizontal patch on the edge of each sleeve. Manufacturers Nike place their black “tick” logo in the top right of the shirt whilst the national badge is situated opposite in the top left. The shirt contains a white V neck collar but no other colour detail is present throughout.
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches
- Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool – Three talking points from the Premier League clash
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 2 of the Premier League