A selection of Chelsea fans were impressed with the performance of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga during the club’s 2-0 win over Liverpool in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
The Spain international had been left out of the bench for the club’s previous six games in all competitions but he was offered the chance to redeem himself on Tuesday night.
He managed to take the opportunity with both hands as he made five saves at Stamford Bridge and that included a sequence where he blocked three strikes from the Reds attackers.
As such, his overall display undoubtedly pleased a section of the Blues supporters and a few of them took to Twitter to express their views on the same.
Kepa’s distribution and shot-stopping has come under scrutiny during the course of the current season and it was not a surprise when manager Frank Lampard dropped him last month to play Willy Caballero in goal.
The time away from the playing field has definitely helped the Spaniard regain his focus and it remains to be seen whether he can carry on from the performance displayed against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Chelsea are scheduled to face Everton in the weekend’s Premier League game at home. The 25-year-old is likely to feature between the sticks after being benched in the previous three top-flight matches.
The west London giants have occupied the fourth position in the standings for most of the season. They are presently holding a three-point lead over fifth-placed Manchester United.
- Harry Kane refusing to train as he forces move away from Tottenham
- The Five Best Football Transfer Windows
- Barcelona make enquiry about Italian midfielder Manuel Locatelli
- Morning Mix: Liverpool risk being left behind, £100m for Grealish is a great deal for Villa
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham