Whilst the majority of the Dagenham & Redbridge forum voted for Sam Saunders to be the Daggers player of the month, Chris Kamara and the panel decided that Solomon Taiwo had earnt the right to be crowned League 2 Player of the Month.
The award caps a remarkable rise for Taiwo who was on the verge on quitting the game around this time last season. Thinking he was never going to get a break in football, John Still snapped up the young central midfielder and gave him his chance in the JPT game against Leyton Orient. After impressing Taiwo signed for the club but two successive sending offs seemed to move him way down the pecking order. However with Glen Southam out of favour this season, Taiwo has taken his chance and firmly cemented his place within the Daggers starting XI.
- Tottenham Hotspur not signing Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager
- AC Milan sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea in £30m deal
- Tactical Analysis: Why Italy seem to be the most well-rounded side in the Euros
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game