Whilst the majority of the Dagenham & Redbridge forum voted for Sam Saunders to be the Daggers player of the month, Chris Kamara and the panel decided that Solomon Taiwo had earnt the right to be crowned League 2 Player of the Month.
The award caps a remarkable rise for Taiwo who was on the verge on quitting the game around this time last season. Thinking he was never going to get a break in football, John Still snapped up the young central midfielder and gave him his chance in the JPT game against Leyton Orient. After impressing Taiwo signed for the club but two successive sending offs seemed to move him way down the pecking order. However with Glen Southam out of favour this season, Taiwo has taken his chance and firmly cemented his place within the Daggers starting XI.
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…