Whilst the majority of the Dagenham & Redbridge forum voted for Sam Saunders to be the Daggers player of the month, Chris Kamara and the panel decided that Solomon Taiwo had earnt the right to be crowned League 2 Player of the Month.
The award caps a remarkable rise for Taiwo who was on the verge on quitting the game around this time last season. Thinking he was never going to get a break in football, John Still snapped up the young central midfielder and gave him his chance in the JPT game against Leyton Orient. After impressing Taiwo signed for the club but two successive sending offs seemed to move him way down the pecking order. However with Glen Southam out of favour this season, Taiwo has taken his chance and firmly cemented his place within the Daggers starting XI.
- The most valuable football clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich
- Social media boycott is well-meaning but ineffective in fighting racist abuse
- Tactical Analysis: Manchester United’s encouraging victory over Tottenham Hotspur
- Bouncing back to the Premier League: Why Norwich City’s imminent promotion is more impressive than meets the eye
- Liverpool vs Aston Villa – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- NUST Make Big Plea To Own Stake In Their Beloved Club
- From hero to zero: Tony Mowbray under the cosh as Blackburn Rovers slide into trouble
- Champions League Recap: Mbappe shines again, Mount silences the doubters, more misery for Liverpool, more refereeing controversy
- Arsenal Defender Kieran Tierney Out For Up To Six Weeks With Injury
- Rio Ferdinand praises Man Utd-linked Sergio Ramos