Five top stories for you to read from yesterday’s football coverage:
Erling Haaland’s path to Premier League records – the world is Haaland’s and we’re all just spectators in it.
Haaland and Mbappe in a race to beat Ronaldo and Messi – a sobering look on how much both young superstars need to do over the next decade to overtake the scoring records for the two greatest footballers of the modern era.
Diogo Dalot could leave Manchester United – apparently, his agent is using this superb run of form (and United’s overreliance on him) to get in bids from other Champions League clubs to put pressure on United when it comes to a contract renegotiation – which should happen after the World Cup.
Arsenal could rival Man Utd for Cody Gakpo – the next big transfer saga is on, and it’s all about a Dutch youngster moving to the Premier League – again. Will either club be willing to spend 30m+ in January? History says otherwise, but league positions could make a big difference. Arsenal top of the table going into the World Cup (effectively ensuring a top-four finish) could embolden them to make a big move in January.
Liverpool’s injury issues are getting worse – with Diaz now out till December. It’s not gone to plan for Klopp, and top-four now looks unlikely, especially with Spurs and Arsenal joining City at the top and one spot left for Chelsea, United, Liverpool and any gatecrashers to fight over.
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend