After a disappointing afternoon which saw Southampton secure a point in a dramatic circumstance at Stamford Bridge, many Chelsea supporters have chosen to cast the blame on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics and calling for an early replacement.
With both Timo Werner and Kai Havertz scoring their first goals in the Premier League, the Saints earned a share of the spoils after Jannik Vestergaard’s stoppage-time header ensured the visitors secured a well-deserved draw in the afternoon.
According to the Guardian, the dramatic turnaround left Chelsea to reflect on their defensive failings. However, the focus from many Chelsea fans on Twitter after the match has been on Frank Lampard’s poor tactics than any of the players’ performance.
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach