Manchester City have greatly dominated the Premier League under Pep Guardiola who has led them to an incredible four titles in the last five years. With Arsenal losing 3-0 to Brighton & Hove Albion, they are now on the cusp of adding another league trophy as they are four points clear at the top before their final three matches.
However, City have failed to replicate their domestic success in Europe, with the Champions League still eluding them. Their previous European campaigns have come to disappointing ends after defeats to Monaco in 2017, Liverpool in 2018, Tottenham Hotspur in 2019, Lyon in 2020. The 2020-21 campaign saw them making it to the final only to lose at the hands of Chelsea, while last season, Real Madrid edged them 6-5 in the semi-final.
However, things are expected to be different for Manchester City who are chasing the treble of trophies this season.
They have hit excellent form at the perfect time and are comfortably beating their opponents.
The Citizens played brilliantly against Madrid in the first-leg of the Champions League semi-final. It was a highly tricky fixture at the Santiago Bernabeu but they managed to come away with a 1-1 draw with Kevin de Bruyne cancelling out the advantage of Vinicius Junior’s first-half goal.
Now they will host their Spanish rivals at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night, with the Citizens regarded as favourites for the important match.
Pep Guardiola’s men are currently unbeaten in their 22 matches in all competitions, with their latest encounter seeing them win 3-0 against Everton.
Their star striker Erling Haaland has been firing on all cylinders with the Norwegian breaking every goal scoring record imaginable. He has already bagged 52 goals in 48 matches this season, with 12 of them coming in the Champions League.
If City beat Real at the Etihad, then the European Cup is almost theirs with neither Inter or AC Milan expected to give them a tough challenge.
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend
- Diversity and Excellence: The Foreign Influence on EPL Success
- Exciting Clash of Titans: Premier League’s Top Clubs Battle for Supremacy
- Are Man United Ready to Mount a Serious EPL Title Challenge?
- Man Utd could seal £43m deal for La Liga ace who wants PL move – report