Manchester City put one hand on the Premier League title on Wednesday night following a resounding 4-1 win over Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium.
Kevin de Bruyne was the man of the match with a goal in either half. The Belgian now has seven goals against the north London giants – the most he has managed against a single club in his club career.
Erling Braut Haaland also entered the Premier League record books last night following his late stoppage time goal. The Norwegian now has 33 goals for the campaign – breaking the record held by Mohamed Salah for a 38-game season.
Alan Shearer and Andy Cole currently hold the joint-custody for the most goals in a Premier League season at 34 but that should be eclipsed by Haaland with City having another seven league games left.
Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola continued his dominance over Arsenal with his 20th managerial victory over them – five more than he has managed against any other opponent.
The Gunners have now lost 12 league matches on the bounce against the Premier League holders – their only wins during this period (2017 & 2020) have come in the FA Cup.
Manchester City are currently two points behind the Gunners for the top spot on the table but they have two games in hand. Hence, they are clear favourites to win the league.
However, Guardiola will be aiming much higher for the season and will have his sights on winning a famous treble which only Manchester United have achieved in English football.
On current form, they should fancy their chances of beating Real Madrid in the Champions League last four before facing either AC Milan or Inter Milan in the final showdown.
Meanwhile, the Cityzens should be front-runners to overcome arch-rivals United in the FA Cup final, though the Red Devils will be determined to stop them from winning the treble.
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend
- Diversity and Excellence: The Foreign Influence on EPL Success
- Exciting Clash of Titans: Premier League’s Top Clubs Battle for Supremacy
- Are Man United Ready to Mount a Serious EPL Title Challenge?
- Man Utd could seal £43m deal for La Liga ace who wants PL move – report