Liverpool and Arsenal face off in a mouthwatering Premier League clash on Saturday evening at Anfield.
The Merseyside giants are currently a point behind the Gunners in the league standings following their goalless draw with Manchester United last week.
Liverpool were regarded as massive favourites when they welcomed a struggling United side to Anfield last Sunday.
Erik ten Hag’s men were shorn of confidence after back-to-back losses to Bournemouth and Bayern Munich, while some of their key players were also missing, including their captain Bruno Fernandes.
But the Reds failed to make their superiority count as United held them to a 0-0 stalemate.
However, Jurgen Klopp’s men bounced back in midweek as they thrashed West Ham United 5-1 in the EFL Cup quarter-finals.
Curtis Jones netted a brace in a standout performance, while Dominik Szoboszlai, Cody Gakpo and Mohamed Salah also found their names on the scoresheet.
Liverpool now face Arsenal in a top-of-the-table showdown on Saturday.
The Gunners have enjoyed an excellent 2023-24 campaign after a busy summer window when they brought in Declan Rice, Jurrien Timber and Kai Havertz.
With 12 wins, three draws and two losses from their 17 league matches, Mikel Arteta’s men are now sitting at the top of the Premier League standings.
They will enter the upcoming clash at Anfield on the back of a 2-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion.
Gabriel Jesus broke the deadlock early in the second-half before Kai Havertz added a late second to help the Gunners to a comfortable success.
Liverpool will be missing several players this weekend, with Joel Matip, Stefan Bajcetic, Thiago Alcantara, Alexis Mac Allister, Andrew Robertson, Diogo Jota and Ben Doak all sidelined for the Anfield clash.
Meanwhile, Arsenal will not have the services of Takehiro Tomiyasu, Jurrien Timber, Thomas Partey and Fabio Vieira as they are all recovering from injury issues.
Liverpool vs Arsenal potential line-ups
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Szoboszlai, Endo, Jones; Salah, Nunez, Diaz
Arsenal: Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Odegaard, Rice, Havertz; Saka, Jesus, Martinelli
How to Watch?
Liverpool vs Arsenal, as well as all other top-flight matches in England, can be watched via the football streaming sites.
Liverpool vs Arsenal prediction
Arsenal have a terrible record at Anfield as they haven’t won at the venue in over a decade. They looked close to pulling off a victory last season in Merseyside after taking a 2-0 lead, but a late comeback saw Liverpool sealing a 2-2 draw.
The Reds were not very impressive last weekend against United, but we believe they should pick up maximum points on Sunday due to their impressive home record.
Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Champions League last-16 predictions: Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich favourites to w…
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Roma vs Inter Milan – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham’s Said Benrahma on the verge of completing Lyon move
- Preview: Liverpool vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Carabao Cup semi-final second leg preview: Chelsea host Middlesbrough, Liverpool take on Fulham
- Promoted Trio In Danger Of Instant Championship Return