Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez reportedly wants to bring Lionel Messi back to Camp Nou.
The 35-year-old will be one of the big names who will be out of a contract in 2023.
Paris Saint-Germain are trying to convince the Argentine to pen an extension, but the two parties have failed to reach an agreement yet.
Catalunya Radio recently claimed that Messi has told his former team-mate Xavi that he would love to return to the Spanish club.
But as per Sport, the Argentina international has denied they talk about his future as a player.
However, it is said the pair have a very good relationship and they often speak to each other over the phone.
The experienced forward had to leave the Catalans on a free transfer in 2021 after the club failed to meet La Liga’s financial regulations needed to register him.
Messi went on to sign for PSG where he failed to make a huge impact in his debut campaign.
But he has made a huge comeback this season as he has managed to score 19 goals in 34 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit.
The 35-year-old also led Argentina to World Cup glory in Qatar last year, making him the top favourite to win the Ballon d’Or.
Xavi is very keen to bring the forward back to Barcelona but that may not be very easy.
A move to the United States or Saudi Arabia looks more likely than an emotional return to the Camp Nou.
Under Xavi, Barca have been performing impressively in La Liga this season.
They are currently 13 points clear at the top of the table and are very likely to clinch their first league title since the 2018-19 season.
However, the Catalans endured a disappointing European campaign, going out of the competition in the group stages.
They also suffered a 4-3 aggregate defeat to Manchester United in the Europa League knockout round play-offs.
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend