Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has blasted suggestions that he would be open to return to Juventus.
The Italian boss has led his side to an impressive 2022-23 Premier League season, with Spurs yet to taste a defeat in the English top-flight.
However, their Big Six clash against Chelsea in August ended in a 2-2 draw, with Harry Kane popping up with an injury time equaliser.
They are now set to take on Arsenal in a blockbuster North London derby this Saturday. Victory at the Emirates Stadium could take the Lilywhites to the top of the league standings.
Conte has done an amazing job at Tottenham but he has entered the final year of his contract.
However, the Italian boss is relaxed about the contract situation and hit out at suggestions he would be open to Juventus return.
He said (as per The Sun): “It’s incredible — and disrespectful for the coach that works in Juventus. And disrespectful for me at Tottenham.
“We’ve just started the season. Many times I always say I’m happy, and enjoying it at Tottenham.
“I have a great relationship with the chairman Daniel Levy and managing director of football Fabio Paratici. I don’t see problems for the future.
“I don’t want to hear people speaking about it because it is disrespectful first for other coaches. And also for me.”
Conte has managed to make a great improvement at Tottenham since taking over the club in November.
Spurs didn’t look to be contenders for the top-four last season but a series of impressive results towards the end of the campaign saw them finishing just ahead of Arsenal in fourth.
The Italian is widely regarded as one of the best managers in the world. And considering his successes with Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan, no-one can dispute that.
The North London side haven’t won the league title since 1961 but can that change this season?
It is too early to say anything and Manchester City are currently looking as the firm favourites.
However, if they manage to beat Mikel Arteta’s side and Manchester United this month, then they will have to be considered as genuine contenders for the league crown.
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend