Arsenal are reported to be interested in signing the highly rated Alan Dzagoev from CSKA Moscow for a fee thought in the region of 13 million pounds.
The Russian star has set the European Championships alight with three goals in the opening two games, helping Russia to the top of group A. The 21 year old playmaker’s contract expires at the end of the calendar year and so CSKA may be forced to accept a slightly lower offer than the reported 13million.
Arsene Wenger’s squad will already be boosted with the addition of FC Koln striker Lukas Podolski, who has scored goals consistently throughout his career. Wenger is also hoping to complete a deal with Montpellier for the 6ft 3inch forward Olivier Giroud.
With Andrey Arshavin thought to depart this summer, many see Dzagoev as a more than capable replacement having shown his worth at the European Championships so far with his clinical finishing. Dzagoev signed for CSKA Moscow at the beginning of the 2008 Russian Premier League season, in which he made 29 appearances, scoring 13 goals. He became the youngest outfield player to ever compete for Russia during the 2010 World Cup qualification stage, in a 1-0 defeat to Germany. The CSKA midfielder has hinted at a move towards the Premier League and with guaranteed Champions League football at Arsenal, the move looks as though it will be complete before the start of the 2012-13 season.
Follow on twitter: @memtaylorr
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season