According to a report from football.london, Arsenal are interested in signing Manor Solomon from Shakhtar Donetsk.
The 21-year-old was linked with a move to the Gunners in January but ended up staying in Ukraine as the Londoners didn’t make an official approach.
Solomon has been impressive for Shakhtar since joining from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2019. He has clocked up 80 appearances across all competitions, scoring 18 goals and weighing in with seven assists.
The talented forward enjoyed a magnificent 2020-21 season, bagging 11 goals in 35 appearances (stats from Transfermarkt).
His performances Arsenal’s attention who are planning a major squad rebuild after enduring another disappointing Premier League season.
The Israel international could be a good addition for Mikel Arteta’s squad, and he is said to be valued at £21 million by Shakhtar.
However, the Gunners don’t look in need of a winger now, with their squad already boasting the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Nicolas Pepe, Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe.
But if they manage to land Solomon at a low price, it could be a smart move for them.
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021
- European Transfer Window’s Best XI: Messi, Ramos & more