According to a report from football.london, Arsenal are interested in signing Manor Solomon from Shakhtar Donetsk.
The 21-year-old was linked with a move to the Gunners in January but ended up staying in Ukraine as the Londoners didn’t make an official approach.
Solomon has been impressive for Shakhtar since joining from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2019. He has clocked up 80 appearances across all competitions, scoring 18 goals and weighing in with seven assists.
The talented forward enjoyed a magnificent 2020-21 season, bagging 11 goals in 35 appearances (stats from Transfermarkt).
His performances Arsenal’s attention who are planning a major squad rebuild after enduring another disappointing Premier League season.
The Israel international could be a good addition for Mikel Arteta’s squad, and he is said to be valued at £21 million by Shakhtar.
However, the Gunners don’t look in need of a winger now, with their squad already boasting the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Nicolas Pepe, Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe.
But if they manage to land Solomon at a low price, it could be a smart move for them.
- Tottenham Hotspur will not appoint Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager
- AC Milan sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea in £30m deal
- Tactical Analysis: Why Italy seem to be the most well-rounded side in the Euros
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game