In response to Brian Kidd’s claim that the title is ‘Man United’s to lose’, Wenger has responded to this by stating that it’s ‘Arsenal’s to win.’ Sitting comfortably in 3rd place with a game in hand over 2nd placed Manchester City, Wenger is confident that his maturing Arsenal side have the potential to win the Premier league.
“We have always been strong mentally, but we have not been as mature as we are now,” said Wenger. “I think we have courage, intelligence and talent in the squad. To be capable of putting these three ingredients together in every single game will be decisive.”
Undoubtedly Wenger’s sides have always been capable of winning trophies, but sadly for the Gunners faithful they have lacked the ruthlessness and mental toughness that has never ceased to be a crucial factor of winning the title. Now, with the inclusion of experienced Centre back Squillaci and the height of Marouane Chamakh, Arsenal seem to play with an extra dimension and threat to their game, two facets that will prove only to benefit the side as they look to end the drought without a trophy.
Keeping their key players fit has always proved an issue in previous season, and will again prove pivotal to them having any success this year. But unlike seasons that have gone before, Arsenal now have strength in depth which is epitomised with the likes of Bendtner and Arshavin often struggling to secure a first team place.
Of course, time will tell whether Arsenal can recapture the glory days and rid themselves of the title ‘the nearly men’, and see a trophy (not the emirates cup) be lifted at the Emirates stadium for the first time. If crucial players such as Fabregas, Van Perise and Nasri remain fit, then who is to say that Arsenal wont at least come close to securing the Premier League title.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan