In response to Brian Kidd’s claim that the title is ‘Man United’s to lose’, Wenger has responded to this by stating that it’s ‘Arsenal’s to win.’ Sitting comfortably in 3rd place with a game in hand over 2nd placed Manchester City, Wenger is confident that his maturing Arsenal side have the potential to win the Premier league.
“We have always been strong mentally, but we have not been as mature as we are now,” said Wenger. “I think we have courage, intelligence and talent in the squad. To be capable of putting these three ingredients together in every single game will be decisive.”
Undoubtedly Wenger’s sides have always been capable of winning trophies, but sadly for the Gunners faithful they have lacked the ruthlessness and mental toughness that has never ceased to be a crucial factor of winning the title. Now, with the inclusion of experienced Centre back Squillaci and the height of Marouane Chamakh, Arsenal seem to play with an extra dimension and threat to their game, two facets that will prove only to benefit the side as they look to end the drought without a trophy.
Keeping their key players fit has always proved an issue in previous season, and will again prove pivotal to them having any success this year. But unlike seasons that have gone before, Arsenal now have strength in depth which is epitomised with the likes of Bendtner and Arshavin often struggling to secure a first team place.
Of course, time will tell whether Arsenal can recapture the glory days and rid themselves of the title ‘the nearly men’, and see a trophy (not the emirates cup) be lifted at the Emirates stadium for the first time. If crucial players such as Fabregas, Van Perise and Nasri remain fit, then who is to say that Arsenal wont at least come close to securing the Premier League title.
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Champions League last-16 predictions: Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich favourites to w…
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Roma vs Inter Milan – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham’s Said Benrahma on the verge of completing Lyon move
- Preview: Liverpool vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Carabao Cup semi-final second leg preview: Chelsea host Middlesbrough, Liverpool take on Fulham
- Promoted Trio In Danger Of Instant Championship Return